Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

My first "official" Mother's Day was pretty fabulous. I say "official" because The Husband and I had a little disagreement last year about whether Mother's Day counts when you're pregnant. After three months of morning sickness and total exhaustion, I thought I deserved a little acknowledgment. He disagreed. He went all out this year though because he knew he would be committing himself to a year of celibacy if he didn't because he's a good husband.

The only blip in an otherwise perfect day was having to see Woman Hitler (otherwise known as my mother-in-law). In case the nickname didn't give it away, Woman Hitler and I aren't exactly the best of friends. In the beginning I really tried to have a relationship with her because, despite The Husband's warnings, I figured that the woman who raised my husband and his nice, normal siblings couldn't be that crazy. I was very, very wrong on that one. Now I'm nice to her for The Husband and Baby B's sake, but it's painful.

Since Woman Hitler despises my mother and everything she stands for (successful working woman), I did manage to entertain myself by making a few subtle comments that I knew would get under her skin, such as, "Oh, I think Baby B looks a lot like my mom" and "my mom takes Baby B out running with her all the time and people think she's his mother".

No comments:

Post a Comment